Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd December 2012, 01:10 PM

Smile Not the flock strategy 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by demodocus
.... if you're talking about a selection strategy then I'm most interested :-)

It's well documented that I'm Scottish.

All I'm saying is I don't think there's much money in using primary data from a web site. I believe such information has already been accounted for in the starting price.

Say you look at the career rating of horses in the ratings section of the excellent R&S site. If you just bet the top rated every time then I guess you'd lose money.If however you applied some kind of personal addendum....maybe .... if any horse is zero rated it's a no bet race, and the gap from top rated to 2nd rated must be more than 5.0. OK now you've got secondary data that only a couple of other dudes might be using and now you have a chance. Percentage of bank wagers will soon tell you if you're on a winning strategy.

This is the sort of thing I do. Nothing fancy, I just tried for freakin' years until I found what works.
Old 3rd December 2012, 03:42 PM

Wink

Funny old thread this one. The upshot seems to be that I should give away laying and get a job. No, don't think I'll be doing that.
Old 3rd December 2012, 05:46 PM

Hi Mark,

Definitely not my intention. Just was looking for some help with figures as I do not have access to a database with lay data. I have no intention to stop laying and hope I can pick the brains of you and other successful layers.
Old 3rd December 2012, 07:19 PM

Hi doc, not aimed at you but rather 1 or 2 ridiculous replies.
Old 4th December 2012, 06:30 PM

Default ????

I dont lay or use betfair but have an intrest - But with a lot of reading about laying on this site people say dont lay horses first up -so i know prices are diffrent for the win but how do they go for the win if all backed on betfair because some of the prices would be huge - maybe with an above what evver price -The other thing to beware of is the price you lay at because if you lay $7 - the bookies $5 or less pops you just wont win - and laying big overs the longer ones you properly wont win either - if you search the site and read all of marks stuff and search for laying - This would be a great intro - like all things start small and work up-