View Single Post
Old 12th December 2012, 07:52 PM

Question Is this possible?

I am trying something out on my bot using betfair and am now going to ask what is most likely a very stupid question.

I am backing the first three favs to win the same amount (All to win $5 just at the moment).

While I know this won't work long term, I am trying several different things to possibly make it work, but there's something I would like to know from (maybe) the mathematicians around here.

Is it possible to back all runners in the race AND make money when one of the first 3 favs wins but come out even or not lose much should any of the other runners win? Kind of like Dutch betting I suppose (if I understand what that concept is about). Kind of back the first 3 favs to win $5 and then back the rest to win varying amounts.

I can't figure it out because as soon as you bet on the other runners then the amount you win on the first 3 favs comes down. This then means you need to back the first 3 favs to win more and it then becomes a vicious circle.

It may be possible if you carefully place your bets early (if you can) but can a bot just fire the bets off with, say, 20 seconds before the off.

While I know every race has different odds I would be hoping just to use generic average type odds for each fave or a varying amount to win for each fave.

My bot only goes to the first 10 favs just for your info.

I know, I know, stupid question but Ive's gots to know. ops:

― Earl Nightingale