View Single Post
Old 17th July 2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuandaQLD
So an interesting start to the Open.

Tiger sits tie68th 7 shots adrift of veteran Miguel Angel Jiminez.

Update on my selections

Ogilvy 75 - +5 not promising after what was an ok start at 2 under thru 5 before two double bogeys started his slide
Pampling 74 - +4 was behind the 8ball from the start made a lone birdie at 17
Pilkadaris 68 - -2 my knockout aussie hope shot an impressive 2 under and a few more like that will be good.
Tiger 71 - +1 His usual first round although not quite as bad. this far off the pace no problem but having that many golfers in front of him is. just couldnt get on a roll
Mcilroy 69 - -1 played well for a solid opening round. this kids got loads of talent.
Stenson 71 - -1 another ordinary start to a major but a player who can pull out a 64 tomoro. 2 late birdies in the round recovered so he will be confident from here on in.
Poulter 75 - +5 nothing went right last night for this fella. couldn't even get one birdie.
Kaymer 69 - -1 another solid performance but really needs to consolidate position in second round. 67 or better to be in it.
The sorens 68 - both hansen and kjeldsen got off to promising starts with 2 under pars 68 however both will be dissapointed after being 5 and 4 under respectively during their rounds...

good luck. Curtis and Furyk favourite of mine

Morning ijuandaQLD. Boy you look like you know your golf. Is it your main sporting interest?