Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th February 2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Talking

Blimey.Stone the crows.
Weddings ,Banquets, Deb Balls etc.on Australian Race Tracks.
Enough ta make a old punter roll over in his grave.
Old 29th February 2012, 07:56 PM

Wink

If you want to step way back in time go to Aqueduct in New York. Stuck somewhere in the 70's but without the crowds.

But back to the topic, besides those already winning consistently, do any of the others really want to win?, and are prepared to work for it?, and not just dream of a set and forget robot?. I'll see what the response is like before handing over a (what I think is) very simple method that will make consistent profits, but the catch is you have to work at it, you have to think, you have to get over the "boredom". Guaranteed. It's not for those who give up after one losing race, or one losing day, or possibly one losing week.

Watch this space.
Old 29th February 2012, 07:58 PM

I'm watching Mark

― Earl Nightingale
Old 29th February 2012, 08:47 PM

Question

Me too!!

Mark, many years ago you put on this forum a suggestion that you could do well laying horses that (for weekdays) had a strike rate of one in ten or worse; and for Sats 1 in 6 or worse. and some special other requirements for maidens.

I have often used it with success; but was scared off by the fact that many of the selections were quite high to lay --- yet to get full value from the idea you had to lay them too. Have you developed that idea at all?
Old 29th February 2012, 08:56 PM

Well I know I am not alone when it comes to fighting the boredom of a day at the pc battling away at the horses (& is probably why I enjoy being at the track as it's much less work) & as I work to one extent or another pretty much every race in QLD/NSW/VIC 5-6 days of the week, while it can become a chore I am always looking to add more strings to my bow, so bring it on Mark
Old 29th February 2012, 09:43 PM
Banned

I spend a bit of time on the races myself.
10 minutes getting the scratchings and selections and another 10 minutes getting the best price - Sometimes if I feel lazy I might stretch it to a half hour.
One doesnt want to stretch the brain too much.

Cheers
darky
Old 29th February 2012, 10:17 PM

I'm always looking for something to add to the portfolio Mark. Sounds good.

This thread certainly has gone all over the place.
Old 29th February 2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriguy
Me too!!

Mark, many years ago you put on this forum a suggestion that you could do well laying horses that (for weekdays) had a strike rate of one in ten or worse; and for Sats 1 in 6 or worse. and some special other requirements for maidens.

I have often used it with success; but was scared off by the fact that many of the selections were quite high to lay --- yet to get full value from the idea you had to lay them too. Have you developed that idea at all?

There's a bit more to it than that merriguy, but yes they are part of what I do.
Old 1st March 2012, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
If you want to step way back in time go to Aqueduct in New York. Stuck somewhere in the 70's but without the crowds.

But back to the topic, besides those already winning consistently, do any of the others really want to win?, and are prepared to work for it?, and not just dream of a set and forget robot?. I'll see what the response is like before handing over a (what I think is) very simple method that will make consistent profits, but the catch is you have to work at it, you have to think, you have to get over the "boredom". Guaranteed. It's not for those who give up after one losing race, or one losing day, or possibly one losing week.

Watch this space.

Hi Mark,

Not taking the Michael, however from your previous posts you seem to win almost every day. You are of course, operating from the Death Star on the 'dark side' of the equation as it were, being a layer/bookie.

In regards to Merriguy's post, I believe your comments regarding midweek lay rules (haven't won in the last year, or last 10 runs etc.) were that they were too unpredictable to lay.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/rebuttle and while I have my tongue slightly in cheek with this post, I do greatly respect your punting knowledge from reading your countless previous posts!

The Schmile

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 1st March 2012, 01:38 PM

This is for layers.
Someone mentioned using the markets, and that's pretty much what I do, with a little of my own input on Saturday's & Holiday's.

I'll stick to the basis of laying for $100.

Lay the fav to pay $110
2nd fav to pay $105
3rd fav to pay $102
Rest to pay $100

For beginners it's that simple.