Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th June 2006, 06:20 AM
Suspended.

Sportz,

My impression was scratching money was added to the score but wasn't available to bet with the following week[?]

My main gripe is the 8 selections that could use a decent trim. Quantity betting serves no obvious purpose for the tipsters or scorer either [your not flogging tips are you sportz [?] :-) ].
Often there isn't 4 races on a card worth betting on. How about we cut it down to 6 races. 3x3 ? We might get more team members turning up and it's a long haul comp.

Anyhow, a good effort by all concerned so far and even Collingwood won last night [naturally].
Old 4th June 2006, 07:10 AM

Job well done Sportz......is just a bit of fun
Old 4th June 2006, 08:26 AM

Thumbs up FUN FUN FUN

YES SPORTZ WELL DONE. YOUR TAKING SOME WELL PROBABLY A LOT OF TIME OUT AND YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB. ME, IM ENJOYING IT A LOT AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT. P.S. GREAT TO SEE N.S.W. WHERE THEY BELONG(AT THE BOTTOM) HEHEHE
Old 4th June 2006, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Sportz,

My impression was scratching money was added to the score but wasn't available to bet with the following week[?]

My main gripe is the 8 selections that could use a decent trim. Quantity betting serves no obvious purpose for the tipsters or scorer either [your not flogging tips are you sportz [?] :-) ].
Often there isn't 4 races on a card worth betting on. How about we cut it down to 6 races. 3x3 ? We might get more team members turning up and it's a long haul comp.

Anyhow, a good effort by all concerned so far and even Collingwood won last night [naturally].

i think 8 selections is fine. Again i think you are taking it a little seriously - if there isn't 4 races on the card worth betting on then tip on a race your not betting on I don't think its 8 selections that are scaring people away also, sometimes people forget their in these comps, or just don't remember their tips

Sportz this is a great idea IMHO, thanks for all the effort its proving to be a fun comp so far .
Old 4th June 2006, 09:31 AM
Suspended.

Thanks for your input chuck.
Well I'm not going to rock the boat. I threw a jumps race in yesterday with a tip off the top of my head [50m shorter and it would have won!]. I'll just do a bit more of that sort of thing.
I like the idea of this comp. and appreciate all the effort sportz. We'll see soon enough I guess if it all pans out OK. I hope so anyway.

Cheers.
Old 4th June 2006, 10:42 AM

Thumbs up

******, Sorry to the allstars, couldnt get near a computer friday and only briefly saturday, if I had of known the comp was starting this week wouldve made more of an effort. Look forward to next week.
Well done though, some nice results!!!!
Old 4th June 2006, 12:01 PM

We'll let you off the hook this time, but we'll expect to see a note the next time you're absent.
Old 5th June 2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix
HOME :-
Flemington
R1-1 St Steven $10
R4-10 True Steel $10
R5-7 Florizel $10
R8-2 Kingston Bird $20

AWAY :-
Rosehill
R1-1 Thorne Inn $20

Belmont
R1-1 Rich Ken $10
R3-4 Price Regal $10
R8-3 Garbo's Storm $10

Good luck Crash and Leory, L2B, mad, Umrum...... GO GET'EM ALLSTARS AND UP THE PIES !!
Sorry All Stars,

Umrum, Leroy, Crash, mad you carried two of of us...

Was an abysmal effort and I should be dropped to the ressies to kick the dew this week....

I'll work hard on the track and do some extra sessions this week...
Old 5th June 2006, 11:34 AM
Suspended.

Smile

Don't sweat it mate. Never knock poor tipping, because as sure as the wind blows, we all get our turn at it :-)
Old 5th June 2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Sportz,

Yeah, that's the idea. Don't quite see what the confusion is here. If the money is refunded and added onto your score, then you can hardly get extra money to bet with the following week as well.