Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st September 2005, 07:53 PM

Question Just the one..... (speculative)

BELLA'S LASS GRAFTON R5 No.12 (1200m)

Take on trust..... speclative blackbooker. Forget last run when drawn in the Grandstand (18), ran third when drawn inside 2 starts back. In the (8) tomorrow so much more suitable. Don't know much about the opposition. The (1) Percy Sequalo and (5) Suredan look to be the dangers.
Old 3rd September 2005, 07:43 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarbs

Matthew's Pick:
Huge run giving the second last runner 5 lengths at start! Beaten a head in the end.

Nowayhosai:

made up ground to finish just behind the placegetters. Likely to be double figure odds again next time.

Both ran today. Decided to back Matthew's pick as it was running over same distance and in same class in the last at Benalla today. Many thanks Tarbs.
Old 6th September 2005, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORSE WHISPERER
Clontaago has to be mentioned here after its run yesterday. came from last to finish right behind them in 4th. definitely worth watching next time.

09/09/05 SR5 Clontaago $6.30 win $1.70 place
gotta be happy with that pickup
Old 6th September 2005, 04:31 PM

Thumbs up Thnx from Stix

Thanx HW

thankfully I had him black booked.... nice work HW

Stix
Old 6th September 2005, 04:38 PM
Banned

If Beadman was on him he would of been $2.50 ,,,i rate Boss better at distance races anyway...
fantastic value ..
Old 7th September 2005, 04:30 PM

Hey Saratoga,

Mr Question is racing tomorrow at Retama Park (race 9) over a mile. Looks perfect, up in distance by 300m which should suit & what looks like a positive jockey change, Amanda L. Crandall has been replaced by John Byrne, and also barrier 4 this time not gate 12. Do you rate it?

Just watched the Evangaline Downs meeting 31/08/05 today.

This Man's Darling won by 17L unextended after being pressured in the lead from the 900m mark. Obvious but a huge win. Worth watching this replay if you can get a hold of it

Kara's Cat Was trapped 4 wide around the clubhouse turn, found the lead then pressured by both the #6 inside & #9 outside to the 600m pole. Still managed to fight on & only beaten inside the final 100m to run 3rd with a 4L gap to 4th.

Crawfish Etouffee Led in a pretty fast pace, being pressured by the #9 to boot. After doing all that early work, the jockey took off before acceptances at the 700m mark & was 4L clear at the 400m. Tired final 200m but that was expected. Winner had a cold inside run & was suited by the early speed.
Old 8th September 2005, 12:53 PM
Banned

RAPT IN BLUE started from barrier 10 in a 1200m race at the sunshine coast on sunday and was about 4 wide on the turn and pulled away nicely in the straight for a good win. Should be worth watching, i think its racing next wednesday at doomben.
Old 9th September 2005, 03:39 AM
Banned

Thanks Brave!!! I asked my buddy last night to look through Retama real quick for Mr. Question, and he wasn't in. Excellent! I don't know anything about him and Avenger spotted him, but I will get the form and look it over for sure and get back to you. I really don't like the tracks in the US that run at night. Most are cheap and it's hard to follow. But there are great values to be found if you do. Delaware Park trainers will ship to Charlestown and Penn National and crush those pigs. Look for guys like Steve Klesaris and Scott Lake- they're no secret but sometimes you can catch a price. They don't ship for nothing! Evangaline is one I try to avoid in a way because I don't know a whole lot about those crazy Cajuns in LA. A little history on Louisiana horse racing: They used to have all kinds of bush tracks and that's where the great LA jocks would start as 13 or 14 year olds(Kent Desormeaux, Eddie Delahouyse, MarkGuidry, Randy Romero, Shane Sellers.....) Watch a trainer named SAM DAVID JR. at Louisiana Downs, though if you get a chance. He is very high % and has always done a great job on the southern midwest circuit. And I knew his dad. He used to own a cheap little motel next to Gulfstream in Miami and I stayed there for the Breeder's Cup in 1989 (showing my age!). Alot of the jocks and horsemen used to stay there as well. Ironically, my brother stayed at some posh hotel on the beach for BC '89 and Randy Romero was hanging in the bar the night before the races and found out my bro and co. were from Delaware and told them, "So's my fillie's owner! Mrs. Lunger owns GO FOR WAND and she'll crush tomorrow in the Juvenile Fillies. Best horse I've ever been on." and that was after he had just gone undefeated 13 and 0 on PERSONAL ENSIGN! Gotta love those whacky Cajuns! Laissez le bon temps roullette!!! Sad thing about the Creole community in LA being just about decimated by Kun...rina! Mother Nature can sure let you know who is boss.
Old 9th September 2005, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga samchaz
I really don't like the tracks in the US that run at night. Most are cheap and it's hard to follow. But there are great values to be found if you do.

Yea I didnt think I watching the cream of the US crop. Most races i get to review only run about 1:13 or 1:14 for the 6f, lol

I also know nothing about these horses except for what I see on the video. Obviously I wont bother with a horse that has only won 1 from 39, etc . But as yet I havent found a US site that lets you search a horse and view its career record for free. But the virtual stable is great for keeping track of black bookers.

cheers
Old 9th September 2005, 09:57 AM
Banned

Those night tracks are brutal but something just occurred to me. I know Travis Dunkelberger's agent at Charlestown and he used to review the card there with me all the time. He's one HELL OF A SPORTS HNDCPR. He was phenomenal for a few years and was getting a big percentage from some whales in Vegas at the Rio and Orleans. He kinda went sour when he moved back to West Virginia and had to go off and get married. Big dummy. lol Anyway if anyone is interested I can try to get in touch with him about that card. I guess because of the time difference you only get the night tracks. That's a shame because that is usually bottom level racing, not that there's anything wrong with that... That is why I started betting AUS. It's simply the best going at night for us. It doesn't matter what the purses are, the horses are better. Do you bet alot of night tracks over there and is it the same scenario? Virtual stable is great. I hate that none of the sites over here give the form for free. If you check around hard enough you might get lucky.