Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th September 2004, 10:46 AM
Suspended

You can read very well Dingoboy.
If you are picking 44% winners and put say,$100 on each of your selections,you should be making a good profit.
If you want to increase the profit,then increase the investment to $200.
Guaranteed 100% profit,no questions asked money back guaranteed.
Why ask for some kind of special staking system?
Old 6th September 2004, 10:54 AM

Moeee,

Gotchya !

Yeh i know, 44 % seems good to me to, it was my concern about the number of run outs over say 12 loosing wagers that i was concerned with cause my pocket arent that deep yet. Thats why i was looking for a good staking plan,...just to be on the safe side whilst i build my bank.

I think also that i might lean towards place betting rather than win as it looks a little safer,... your thoughts ?

Thank you for your point now that i read it correctly, i wasnt having a go at you, i just coulndt see your point.

Thanks the dingoboy.
Old 6th September 2004, 12:27 PM
Suspended

There is a joke about the boy's family being so poor that they couldn't afford to buy toys.His mum had to cut holes in his pockets so he had something to play with.

If you have only a small Bank,you can only have a small bet.That's how it works.
I've been playing around,like many others,and come up with 2% of your betting Bank as the maximum investment.This will let you dive into your pocket 50 times before you find only your fingers!
And mate,if your coming up with 44% winners,don't forget this!.There will be occasions where you will be getting 12 winners and more in a row!
How about putting your tips up somewhere to show the others how good a tipster you are?
Like on Saturday who did you back?
Old 8th September 2004, 04:02 AM

Hi Dingoboy ,
You have got the right idea about that staking plan.

If one has a 44% SR your expected run of outs would be 12 before striking the next winner.

If you are concerned about conserving limited resorce for punting ,you would be better off betting level stakes for the win.
Ratio 50:1
Remember ,NO BANK -NO CHANCE
Progressive betting of any kind ,requires a much larger bank than level stakes betting.

44% is a very high S/R that indicates to me that a lot are paying $2.90 & less .
You would need an average div. of $2.30 to break even.
So try not to bet mules paying any less than that figure .

I would suggest to try & target Mules paying $3.20+ because those short prices won`t get up forever ,which means there is a strong chance ,that you could take a while to claw back any possible losses & you will get them.
In other words if your selection indicates that it is going to pay less than $3.20 then no bet that race .
This is where the dicipline thing comes into it all.

Try & target races with 8-12 runners if place betting only.
Any less ,no 3rd div is paid.
Any more & the divs arn`t there to warrant the extra risk.
Old 8th September 2004, 09:37 AM

Thanks Bahgwan,

I agree that 44 % is high, takes discipline to only bet on the right stuff, as what you say, 8-12 horses, no maidens, no jumps,etc.
One thing that i use is the recent four starts, if anything doesnt fit in the "finished in top five" last 4 starts i leave this alone also. I cross referance this with the point system supplied by qtab, tab etc and as i stated before, if it is over 90, and meets my requirements above, ill have a go.
That is win bet though, as i said before i want to do place only and follow the same principles, the couple of staking plans that you have shown and one other that was shown to me on this forum i have been using now since my first post, they work OK. That is what i was looking for. The $3.20 for a win is spot on, i used a staking plan of 1,1.5,2.5,4,60 etc for a while on paper and did really well,...........until 12 out in a row and found that you need a minimum of that figure at least.
The place betting is now into its second week, started with 240 units, now bank 1 is up to 383 units,(6 betting days)and 240 in bank 2 is now 360. followed both your place plans, your idea of targetting second fav was also in the back of my mind.
One question i do have is,
If one builds ones bank progressivly, lets say to 4000 units, would you,
A:remove said bank and leave say a new bank of 500 units,.or
B:Keep punting ( re investing ) until the bets are rediculously high, would this effect the place pool if say a bet of 300 units were place onto a nag, would it be then worth it ?
Any way, thanks again for your input, look forward to your thoughts on those points.

Bewdy
Old 10th September 2004, 07:15 AM

Hi Dingoboy,
Good to here that you are getting a strong result.
Those results of yours are excellent.

With place betting ,the betting pools have to at reasonable size if one where betting in say min $300.
If you were say, betting on dog or trot races ,you would end up making the div pay $1.00-1.10 every time. Because the pools are only a few thousand dollar.
With horses they are 10 or more times larger.

You will notice that weekend pools are larger than mid-week.

To answer your question, its a matter of suck it & see depending on the size of the pools you find yourselfe betting into.

Old 10th September 2004, 01:33 PM

Dingo, just my 2 cents worth (being a place bettor myself) your rule about last 4 runs, finished in first 5 is a new one on me and sounds interesting. Though I wonder if a better result would be achieved by must have finished within 3.5kg's of the winner for all of last 4 starts rather than finishing position, i.e. 12th of 16 beaten 3 lengths, must be better than 3rd beaten 12 lengths???? just a thought.

[ This Message was edited by: partypooper on 2004-09-10 18:01 ]
Old 11th September 2004, 10:47 AM

Hi guys,.

Yeh, that makes sence Bhagwan, i look but never touch the dogs or the trots for that reason, place 1.04 no thanks. i understand what you say about the size of the pool, It makes it hard when two minutes before the jump you outlay your stake at say $1.70 and when the jump its down to $1.20, painfull. I guess to answer my own question and what you say,....put it on and see what effect it would have. Love your CRUSHER PLAN by the way BW, using it, loving it.

With regards to my method Partypooper, i have followed this way for years, it is just something that seems to work for me and seems easy,(time restraints) im sure everyone has their own way of selecting. what you say is interesting, i supose this is where my selections will come undone, if the one i like finnished 5th, 4th, 5th and 4th, the true test would be by how much, it could have been in a feild of six and the thing was eight lenghths back,....must read into this one i think. Problem for me is six days a week ,...the old form guide only gets a glance. I wonder how this would effect my stats if i restricted them to finishing 4th or 5th by say long neck, rather than just finished 5th ?, lot more reading i guess.

Thanks for your thoughts.
The Dingo
Old 15th September 2004, 09:53 AM

Hi Dingoboy,
To simply explain the Retirement Plan.
Say we want to make 1% profit on $1000 bank=$10

The objective is to win $10 plus all losses incurred in the process.
The divisor on a loosing sequence would be
1,2,3,4,5,6etc.

If say we strike a winner at 2/1=$3.00
We deduct 2 off the divisor ,this would make our last divisor of say 6 now becoming 4 then 5 then 6 after further losses,until such time we strike another winner or a series of winners which results us making our $10 profit.
Then start again.

The idea is to find out what your average odds of your last say 50 wins .
Lets say its 2/1 .
It`s recomended that you double this figure to create what your min divisor will be .
In this case it would be 4 ,we never reduce below 4 in this case ,regardless of what the odds may be, this is designed to protect the bank & to help ensure the progression is not too aggresive.

The recomended objective in this case seeing our min divisor is 4 ,would be to target 4% of bank & starting again as soon as we are say 1% or more in front ,this is important,this protects the bank from blowing out.

If min divisor is 4 the sequence would look like this .
Bet-Divisor
1----(4)
2----(4)
3----(4)
4----(4)
5----5
6----6
7----7 Win 2/1
8----5 Win 2/1
9----4 (Min. bet reached,) Win 2/1
10---4 Win 2/1 Small profit .Start again

We always start agin if in profit even if the total objective is not reached, this is important ,especially if betting with large amounts.

One modification I like to recomend is ,deduct the price from prvious divisor instead of the odds ,this makes it slightly more aggressive & easier to reach your target .
E.G. say we are on divisor 10 , we strike a $3.00 winner , I would deduct 3 instead of the original idea of odds being deducted say, 2 as in 2/1

You will note that your selection criteria has to be able to almost break even at level stakes to make this process work .

Old 15th September 2004, 04:06 PM
Suspended

Quote:
On 2004-09-15 09:53, Bhagwan wrote:

You will note that your selection criteria has to be able to almost break even at level stakes to make this process work .

I suggest you write this paragraph one hundred times on your blackboard.
This is the essence of making money on gambling.
This system,that system,any system.
To beat the bookmaker you need a weapon.
That weapon is a set of evaluated prices.
Without a set of prices,or a system that factors in the available prices,you will either lose money(most likely) or win less than you could have.