Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 16th October 2004, 12:21 AM
Member.

$1 each way on the entire Caulfield Cup field and hope 3 roughies come home! :lol:
Old 16th October 2004, 12:54 AM
Member.

Seriously though, if you like Hugs Dancer, I think you should put $5 each way on it and take a $30 trifecta. Not sure you should have Hugs Dancer on top or as a rover though. If you back it each way and it wins, you'll win around $50 anyway, so I suggest you play it a bit safer with the trifecta. Perhaps a 5 horse box or a 3x6x6.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-10-16 01:02 ]
Old 16th October 2004, 09:07 AM

Thanks again to all, Maybe I might be better off having 5 e/w on Hugs dancer and a trifecta on another race with less runners?
Old 16th October 2004, 10:01 AM
Member.

If you think the trifecta is too hard on the Cup, why not simply pick out three good each way chances in other races to go along with Hugs Dancer. Should be PLENTY of value today at Caulfield and if you get one winner from your four, you'll be in front.
Old 16th October 2004, 10:16 AM
Banned

Sportznut writes, "Should be PLENTY of value today at Caulfield..."

After more than 2,000 posts your concept of VALUE is precisely what? Nothing more than some cliched blurb from the clapped out "media experts". Save us from any more of this racing wisdom (drivel) as we will no doubt be inundated with such pearls throughout the Spring Carnival via TV, Radio, internet anyways.

Old 16th October 2004, 10:36 AM

Oh yes we will obey great one... ******** Orf!!
My definition of value is when ya pat yer ******** and it goes "Kerching" ...Whats yours
Old 16th October 2004, 10:52 AM
Member.

Get out of the wrong side of the bed Doc?

I know they may not actually be 'value' in a technical punting sense, but they are 'value' in as much as what Raider is looking for today.
Old 16th October 2004, 12:30 PM

Thanks all. I decided to try three $10 win bets (Strikeline, Hugs Dancer and Covet Thee) and a $10 tri on the cup for a half (1,7/1,7,9/1,2,3,7,9,13,16). Heres hoping.
Old 16th October 2004, 01:56 PM
Suspended

Yes the dear Doctor would have been more popular if he had not made a comment at all.
But since he has,I would like to comment that he is certainly right and those who felt any sort of pain from his comment should really ponder very carefully on his wisdom.
Bit like telling cigarette smokers that smoking is very unhealthy for them.True statement but smokers don't want to know.
If you sit at a roulette wheel and notice that reds and blacks pay evens,but numbers straight out pay at $35,do you consider betting straight out as getting value?
If so,you really need to get a better concept as to what value is!
By the way dear Doctor had a go at me once.Of course he was wrong and I was right that time but!
Old 16th October 2004, 04:43 PM
Banned

Mooee I didn't have a go at you. After starting an interesting thread you dropped off quicker than some of the horses I backed today. Just because someone challenges your ideas doesn't mean WWIII has been declared.

I enjoy a lot of what sportnutz says and the way he presents his ideas. But that "plenty of value" clap-trap made me almost puke. Watching too much TV sportzy to the extent you are sub-consciously parrotting their collective rot.

Floydboy - tut, tut. You next boy, you next.

[ This Message was edited by: Dr Pangloss on 2004-10-16 16:44 ]