Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th March 2006, 07:19 PM

Yeah, raw,

I agree that maybe the rider lacked experience or percieved ability due to his tender years but that is no excuse.
He is on a horse carrying potentially $100k's in punters' money so we expect an appropriate ride-if he fails to deliver he should be held to account for his ineptitude. However, in real life are they?..............no!

Cheers.
Old 18th March 2006, 07:37 PM

Well we have to start somewhere and after a particularly horrendous experience with a particular runner in Brisbane in October last year, I vowed to never bet in Qld again. Since then I have held true to this vow and I can assure you that my POT has improved incredibly.
MESSAGE: do not bet in Qld and you may have prospects of winning in the long-run.

Cheers.
Old 19th July 2006, 02:26 PM

If anyone needed further evidence of the pitfalls of betting in Qld they need look no further than Ipswich R4 today(19.7.06). A well fancied runner gets out of the barrier in a reasonable position then finds itself in third last place. At about the 8oom it is ridden hard to regain ground on the leaders then goes"via the cape" on the home turn before tiring and finishing about midfield.
Unlucky run.....?
I will watch with interest what the stewards have to say.
As I have reiterated on numerous occasions....if you choose to wager in Qld then you do so at your own risk. As for me.......leave me out....I'll do my wagering mainly in Melbourne where the competitive nature of racing and the accompanying value for punters provides the bettor a fair chance of returning a profit.

Cheers.
Old 22nd July 2006, 03:33 PM

After a race in Melbourne today when a short-priced runner ran unplaced a prominent trainer was interviewed and stated that he was not necessarily disappointed with it's rather inglorious run as it had "finished big" after it's race was over.
My question is this......should horses be allowed to start if they may not be in premium racing order? I believe they should be fit enough to perform at their optimum level rather than using these races as "conditioning runs" generally at our expense......ie the long suffering betting public. Alternatively, perhaps the public should be informed that a particular horse is not at it's best(ie. blood counts) and maybe then they can make their own informed decision whether that particular runner should be avoided as a betting prospect. Is confidence in racing diminished when such things occur, particularly when you consider that the amounts invested on each race are in the 100k's if not the $M's?
Why aren't blood counts made available to the betting public.....maybe it would be too valuable of a tool for the public to have at their disposal?
Mmmm.....makes you wonder....any thoughts on this matter?

Cheers.

Last edited by xanadu : 22nd July 2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 29th July 2006, 04:22 PM

MR7(4:15p.m.EST) Did anyone else have grave concerns regarding the riding tactics employed in this race?
Did connections alert Stewards to this style of racing? Were the public duly informed?
Hmmm....!
Any comments?

Cheers.
Old 31st July 2006, 03:40 PM

Thumbs down

Euchuca R7(31.7.06),

A supposed top jockey hid his mount well back in the field and it gave nothing!
I suspect that the rider thought he had missed any scrutiny.....well.....guess what?.....your ride wasn't missed?
Old 2nd August 2006, 02:32 PM

Thumbs down

SR3(2.8.06-2:22p.m.EST) There was a questionable ride in this race which should be obvious to any form student. As I have mentioned many times previously, I study jockeys' form as well as studying equine form.
I have been scrutinising this bloke's "form" for some time now and I think it is time he had a "holiday" or maybe a stint in Hong Kong. I am sure the officials there would soon "rectify" some of this rider's "bad" habits.

Cheers.
Old 9th August 2006, 03:42 PM

Thumbs down

SR5 today(3:33p.m.EST),
Did you see this race?
Comments such as "they went mad out in front"; "they put it on for the backmarkers";it was put on for him today," were duly noted by the poor suffering betting public!
Forget form......follow the money!

Cheers.
Old 9th August 2006, 04:21 PM

Wink

SR6(9.8.06)
Did anyone else have reservations about the riding tactics displayed in this race?
A runner shoots to the lead, racing at such a pace that it is inevitable that it would capitulate and "setting it up" for the backmarkers to finish off the race.
You're kidding!

We know how Sydney racing operates.
Old 8th March 2007, 05:29 PM

Ballarat R9:

Did anyone else have reservations regarding the riding tactics on some well-fancied runners in this race?(The winner paid $50.9w$8.4plNSW)!
Hmmmmm......