Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th April 2013, 07:36 PM
Banned

Cool Ups and Downs!

Like all these ratings they run hot and cold. I made heaps Laying the Unitab 100 rated horse for the first 3 weeks of March, but now it's unbeatable in selecting winners. Similarly I Layed Skyforrm top tipped horses yesterday for a $443 nett profit but today -$254 loss. Again I Layed Skyform 100 rated horses yesterday for -$254 loss, but today $394 nett profit. All based on $100 liability.
That's the nature of horse racing, I suppose.
Cheers RP
Old 4th April 2013, 08:06 PM

Wink

Hi, RP.

Have you looked at any any filters?

Today there were 9 selections for 3 winners paying a total of $10.50, and 5 placegetters for a retrurn of $7.20.

However, if I had omitted Rocky 4/1 and Geelong 3/3 (unplaced at last start) then there would have been 7 selections for 2 winners paying $8.60 and 4 placegetters for a return of $6.10.
Old 4th April 2013, 08:16 PM

Hi Rinconpaul

When you lay the Unitab 100 or Skyform Best Overall ( I assume these are your top tipped ) do you lay all selections for every race on the day? How do you decide which ones to lay ( without giving too much of your method away )?

I don't follow Unitab ratings too closely these days but I know if it is top rated and 7 points clear of the next horse they win a ******** of a lot of races. If you got 2 or 3 of those on any day you would struggle to profit. Likewise, with Skyform, if the Best Overall is top pick of 5-6 panels they don't lose too often and would erode profits if grouped in any particular day.

I suppose a grouping of these on a days race card would help decide when to lay or sit out.
Old 4th April 2013, 08:25 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg
Hi, RP.

Have you looked at any any filters?

Today there were 9 selections for 3 winners paying a total of $10.50, and 5 placegetters for a retrurn of $7.20.

However, if I had omitted Rocky 4/1 and Geelong 3/3 (unplaced at last start) then there would have been 7 selections for 2 winners paying $8.60 and 4 placegetters for a return of $6.10.

Mate, if it moves, got four legs and and a computer or tipster says it's going to Win, then I'm Laying it to Lose!
What the ******** are you doing Backing horses anyway?lol.....
Cheers RP
Old 4th April 2013, 08:55 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rails run
Hi Rinconpaul

When you lay the Unitab 100 or Skyform Best Overall ( I assume these are your top tipped ) do you lay all selections for every race on the day? How do you decide which ones to lay ( without giving too much of your method away )?

I don't follow Unitab ratings too closely these days but I know if it is top rated and 7 points clear of the next horse they win a ******** of a lot of races. If you got 2 or 3 of those on any day you would struggle to profit. Likewise, with Skyform, if the Best Overall is top pick of 5-6 panels they don't lose too often and would erode profits if grouped in any particular day.

I suppose a grouping of these on a days race card would help decide when to lay or sit out.

No RR, the Skyform top tipped horse is the horse selected to win by the resident tipster. Go to Tips on the Sky website. I have a filter of never laying odds on selections. I lay 2-3 horses in each race, min of 2, the 100 rated Unitab, the 100 Skyform and the Tipsters pick. If 2 are the same selection, that's Ok but if all 3 are the same, skip race. This often provides two selections < $5 and both don't win, meaning a Twin lay win.
The final filter, that I gleaned from the venerable Baghwan, is once you reach your target profit, STOP betting!!! I was out in my 1st race in NZ, Race 4, no's 1 & 4 Laying two up.
I liked Baghwan's disciplined approach of not being greedy and stake your bets to achieve you target profit in a max of 3 successful selections. A lot less stress!
All the best, RP
Old 4th April 2013, 09:06 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
No RR, the Skyform top tipped horse is the horse selected to win by the resident tipster. Go to Tips on the Sky website. I have a filter of never laying odds on selections. I lay 2-3 horses in each race, min of 2, the 100 rated Unitab, the 100 Skyform and the Tipsters pick. If 2 are the same selection, that's Ok but if all 3 are the same, skip race. This often provides two selections < $5 and both don't win, meaning a Twin lay win.
The final filter, that I gleaned from the venerable Baghwan, is once you reach your target profit, STOP betting!!! I was out in my 1st race in NZ, Race 4, no's 1 & 4 Laying two up.
I liked Baghwan's disciplined approach of not being greedy and stake your bets to achieve you target profit in a max of 3 successful selections. A lot less stress!
All the best, RP

Hi Riconpaul,

I think it might pay to lay the fav in maidens if it's tipped by Sky and Tatts as they seem to be generally WAY over bet.

I like your idea of not laying odds-on, it's better for the sanity and strike rate.

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 4th April 2013, 09:14 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchmile
Hi Riconpaul,

I think it might pay to lay the fav in maidens if it's tipped by Sky and Tatts as they seem to be generally WAY over bet.

I like your idea of not laying odds-on, it's better for the sanity and strike rate.

If all goes well I'm usually done & dusted by the time the early maiden races are completed.
RP
Old 4th April 2013, 09:19 PM

Thanks for the explanation RCP. I thought you were using Skyform ratings like Michaelg... and the Unitab 100 ratings. With the filters as you've outlined you are limiting your risk. All the best to you.
Old 4th April 2013, 09:21 PM

Lightbulb Today's maidens - LAY eq top Sky/Tatts 100 rated

Geelong
1-4 3rd ($3.18) ntd
2-2 2nd ($1.34)
3-3 won ($1.83)

P/L + 1.04

(There goes the theory on not laying odds on)

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 5th April 2013, 12:34 PM

Wink

Hi, RP.

Yes, it's unusual or me to bet and not lay. However I'm interested in both if profitable, and it's also can be fun.

Today's selections:

Cranbourne
1/5
4/2
5/1
6/1

Ipswich
4/1

Kyneton
2/11
4/9

Canberra
2/3
3/1

Darwin
4/1

There are 2 horses today that have 100 points but are not in the top two Best Overall rankings. They are:

Scone 4/4
Canberra 5/6