Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th July 2005, 06:10 PM

Hi dingoboy

I bet a somewhat similar system on dogs, though i make the selections myself. 68% at $1.45 seems pretty good, just a few questions Do u bet at all tracks over all distances, if so do the results at the diff tracks vary? Have u looked into any filtering methods (such as classes of races, diff boxes at diff tracks) that might improve the strike rate a few % and turn it into an even staking plan profit. Also i recomend an IAS account. Will no doubt improve your returns to about $1.48 or so. My system over a long time has returned 70% at $1.50.

If i have time i might research the late mail tips over the weekend and ill give u my feedback on it and see if your system can be improved.

Keep up the good work.
Old 16th July 2005, 08:57 AM

HI Merryguy,
That is very interesting indeed,
I know that probability in run of outs with strike rate of 65-70% would be low, however, if using old mates plan, if you didnt strike a place getter until the 10th progression, and it payed 1.5, you would have done half your bank, $50,if the crusher plan started at 10 units and we didnt stike until tenth bet, outlay would be 100, return at 1.5 =$15, loss $85, well there you go ! says a bit for progressive bets, i will have a look at some past results though, it seems that he just increases his last bet by 50%. There are some good ideas on that forum, i have a look every now and then.
In regards to the poor performing tracks, i think it is mainly on the dogs and i think its due to the tighter bends in the tracks, to this i have enlisted a fellow traddie who happens to own a couple of "teddy" dogs, he is a gooroo on tracks but as im only new into this type of thinking the track "filter" will be added as soon as i find which one(s) are the poor performers, i think one is angle park ? Good stuff but, thanks !
Hi Six goal,
The points you sujest are true, i only have accounts with nsw and qld, i couldnt understand ias and onother forum member pointed out something to me a few months back and i was a little shy of going there,something about directors, however i may look back into that, the two accounts though vary sometimes dramatically with divies and if one possesses a piston finger, adsl and a keen eye, one can left click having prepared two identical bets (one on nsw, one on qld) and wait for the right moment whilst watching fox and press the one with the best divi then usually its OK.
Mate, as for the tracks, same same, i am only new into trots and dogs so i havent got a grasp of the track "bias" yet, although as previous i am looking into it,
One thing i have noticed lately is the sprint races, they are all over the place like a mad womans washing, i will only have a go on them if the selection is in box 1 or 2, eliminating slightly the "crush" factor, i think box 8 altough a good box apparantly is not a good box if a sprint as the puppie doesnt have enough physical time in the race to cross over ?

Its good that you have been having a go on them and doing well, i look forward to your input if you would be so kind.

A quote from my misses'
"i hope you dont turn into one of those old men you see at the dogs wearing those tweed jackets, reading the paper with those funny hats"

Cheers and thanks, good luck

Dingo