Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th June 2006, 08:44 AM
Banned

Smile AH . THE HOLY GRAIL.

Ever thought about getting a proffessionally asessed market and betting ALL the overlays.?

Cheers.
darky.
Old 13th June 2006, 12:13 PM

ubetido,

In answer to your questions :

It is every day not just Saturday that the bets are placed.

It is only ever 1 bet per race (if a selection come up). If there is more than 1 selection you skip the race.

What do you mean by "how do you distribute your bets?". The figures I posted were at level stakes ($1 bet on the selections) so no progression, percentage, etc staking plans are in use.

By price parameters I assume you mean what is the median price of a winner, largest winner, etc. Yeah I did go through them but don't have them handy at the moment. When I looked through it most of the winners were in the $2 - $10 range. There was the occasional long shot which came in higher than $20.

Crash ,

Not dutch betting at all. Had a look at taking all selections which were thrown and they only just broke even ( about a 3% profit ). So I only ever have 1 horse per race (see above).

It isn't that many bets .. approx 10-12 bets a day.

Good Luck
Old 13th June 2006, 12:25 PM

Todays selections thrown were :

Tatura Race 2 -12 2nd $1.30
Tatura Race 4 - 2
Tatura Race 5 - 6
Tatura Race 6 - 4
Tatura Race 7 - 4
Tatura Race 9 - 5
Scone Race 1 - 6,5
Scone Race 3 - 8,1
Scone Race 5 - 1,6
Scone Race 6 - 4
Scone Race 7 - 4,13,3

Sorry but one of the races already ran for a second. Both Tracks are dead and I have noticed the stats on dead tracks are slightly behind good tracks.

The only selections to take are those were only 1 of the selections runs. For instance Scone Race 1 will only have a selection if 6 or 5 is scratched. Of which 6 is scratched so 5 is a selection.

Good Luck.
Old 13th June 2006, 04:20 PM

Thumbs up

wesmip1
Tell them nothing; they are trying to get it out of you as much as they can, just to work out what you are on about. They will continue to ask questions in the hope that you might sleep somewhere along the line and give your Holly Grail secret away.
They are nothing but the mob of vultures.
Old 13th June 2006, 04:23 PM

Out of the races posted the only qualifiers for a bet were:

Tatura Race 2 -12 2nd $1.30 (A)
Tatura Race 4 - 2 2nd $1.60 (A)
Tatura Race 5 - 6 WIN $3.50/$1.80 (A)
Tatura Race 6 - 4 WIN $3.20/$1.20
Tatura Race 9 - 5 2nd $3.10
Scone Race 1 - 5 LOST (A)
Scone Race 6 - 4 WIN $3.70/$1.60

The ones above with (A) had Apprentice Jockeys. I don't have this in my database as a seperate column at the moment and I am thinking it will a better return if we exclude them.

Just today with (A) produced a return of $10.40 from 7 bets. Without (A) produced a return of $6.90 for 3 bets. That is a huge difference in POT.

Still not a bad at all either way ...

Good Luck.
Old 13th June 2006, 04:56 PM

Wesmip1,

Well done mate on finding a profitable system. Hope it continues for you....

I assuming here that you are using neurals as a basis for your selections (?) - so if your not you will obviously ignore this post - but if you are using Neuarals, just wondering what knowledge basis you have of how the neurals are derived.

I guess the reason I ask is that I have a profitable system based on the neurals, but I don't have any real full understanding/confidence in the way the values are derived (learned), obviously outside of the fact that they are based on the usual factors (Barrier, weight, distance, jockey/Trainer combinations etc) - just wondering if you have som other insight..... anyway all the best with the H.G. (Holy Grail) System
Old 13th June 2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baco60
They are nothing but the mob of vultures.
Good on ya Baco, the guardian of the Holy Grail!!!!!
Old 13th June 2006, 05:21 PM
Suspended.

Good going wesmip1.
A lot of bets a day but of course I'm thinking like a handicapper. I only bet 2 or 3 races a day with only 2 bets today. The Spit winning r7 at $5 in Scone and the other unp. at Tatura. I useually have a system going [small bets] as well as handicapping but it looks like I'm settling into a bit of winter laziness.

Good luck and hope the winners keep coming.
Old 13th June 2006, 10:01 PM

wesmip1
Congratulations, sorry a bit late though, just read the post.
Well done and not many post success stories like this in racing. So to some of us it is one of those rare moments to read and good positive news to in these times.

Cheers
Old 13th June 2006, 10:15 PM

Hi Wesmip1

Thanks for your reply Sorry i was asking "distribute your bets" and price parameter based on the chance you were betting more than one per race.

No problem well done. I sincerely wish you a great and profitable journey.

Baco60
I would say that there are some very good punters here that don't need to weasel out information. It's the passion for the game mate.

As i recall you found your Holy Grail betting 2nd and 3rd tipsters selections. I trust this has been good to you.

Regards
ubetido
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways, BEER in one hand- PIZZA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO!