Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 20th October 2004, 09:04 AM

Hi All - I'm new to the forum - have been reading some of the stuff for a few weeks and have been amazed by some of the sutff I've seen here. Things and ideas I would never have thought of trying. Looking forward to reading more of your ideas.
Old 20th October 2004, 09:44 AM
Banned

mickmc.Welcome to the forum.
Theres quite a few good contributors .
SPOTZNUT and BGHWAN are worth looking at as are most of the others
Cheers.
darky.
Old 20th October 2004, 09:50 AM
Banned

Sorry.That should be SPORTZNUT and BHAGWAN.
Of course everyone has something good to offer but those 2 come readily to mind.
Cheers.
darky.
Old 20th October 2004, 10:09 AM

Unfortunately 2 of the best forum contributors, Equine Investor and becareful don’t post here anymore!
(well at least not under those names)

Worth reading some of their old posts, just use this forums search facility.
Suggest you enter some subject matter as a search string and if you spot any results for the above 2 give them a read.

[ This Message was edited by: Rogan Josh on 2004-10-20 10:11 ]
Old 20th October 2004, 10:18 AM

Thanks Darky

I haven't been through all the threads etc. But there was one - to do with the 100 raters on the Tabonline site/over $9 that I've been keeping a bit of an eye on. Making a few little adjustments here and there. Once I think it might be OK maybe someone could run it through a database to see how it looks.
But like you said there a lot of things worth looking at
Old 20th October 2004, 10:28 AM

Hi Mickmc,
Welcome aboard,
Have not been on long either but as the other posters to your reply say, there are some very informative people on this site, they actually respond with honest and informative views, they have helped me with my "new to town ideas" and questions....so i quess i will wish you the best of luck,

Regards

Dingo
Old 20th October 2004, 10:29 AM

Thanks Rogan Josh

I'll check those posts out when I get a chance. Certainly willing to check out other peoples views and opinions.There might be some older system laying dormant somewhere that needs a few little changes and it's a worldbeater. Well it's nice the dream anyway
:smile:
Old 20th October 2004, 10:54 AM
Suspended

Hi Big Mac.
I'm Mo,and I suggest you do a bit of research on a thing called staking plans.
The best tips and selection processes can be easily brought undone by an untidy staking plan.
And if the staking plan don't work on an even money type of result like a coin toss,then it won't work on any other type of system.
OR AM I WRONG AGAIN?
Old 20th October 2004, 12:30 PM
Banned

Rogan Josh writes, "Unfortunately 2 of the best forum contributors, Equine Investor and becareful don’t post here anymore!"

Those two and osulldj were undoubtedly the best posters at a time when these forum boards were buzzing with a punting verve sadly missing today.

osulldj occasionally pops in but remains actively involved with GTX. be careful shows up now and then at Ausrace but maintains a low profile these days. I think he got fed up with the deterioating content here and maybe sought greener pastures. He steered me into the Tennis package (from which I profited handsomely) and without his endorsement I wouldn't have touched it.

Equine Investor had a hiccup. He still posts under different handles here and at Ausrace but the content of his posts for me have diminished markedly.

It is no coincidence that these quality posters have disappeared under the suffocating weight of meaningless posts tipping Tuesday nights Dapto dogs daily double. If all tips (and tipsters) were banished to a far off deserted forum we just might see a return to the good old days. But I'm sure this all a pipe dream.

[ This Message was edited by: Dr Pangloss on 2004-10-20 12:31 ]
Old 20th October 2004, 04:28 PM
Suspended

Well dear Doctor.
I'm new to this forum as well,but have made more post's than most.
Didn't notice the thread on Dapto Dogs.Wouldn't mind having a look though.
Each to his own.
If the Dapto dogs comment was in the Dapto dogs thread,then surely you need not read it.
I have no interest in soccer,but I notice that many enjoy posting including the effervescent Floydyboy.
Anything makes for better reading than a blank page!
I've been advised by mamagement on numerous occasions about putting people down.Much of us need to show a bit more tolerance of other people's postings.
Not everyone know's as much as you Dear Doctor,so let them participate in a way that they can.