View Single Post
Old 10th May 2023, 08:59 PM

Its true that most punters don't make a profit.

If you take the bookies figures. 25% of their accounts are punters in profit. These are usually restricted when they are winning so the punters abandon them and I think this figure is inflated.

A further 50% is between $0 and -$250. Again I think a lot of these accounts are abandoned when people work out they can't win or they are very small bets of $1 - $2.

The rest are the big losers which fill the pockets of the betting companies.

Now I know that didn't answer your question so here is my results.

This year I am up over $90K (1st Jan 2023 to 10th May 2023). I use a database. Its my own database so its got a lot of information not publicly available.

I am running a bit of a fun challenge with another punter where we combine our results and we are aiming for 250K this year combined. I have attached the chart. It is 1st Jan till 6th May as we post the results every Sunday on the betfair quants discord group.

It can be done. I think the results I see are only achieved by those in the top 2% or less of punters. I can tell you right now that no one out works the amount of effort I put in. I easily put in over 40-50 hours every week (and yes I still have a day job so that isn't an excuse).

Feel free to PM (or is it DM) me if you have questions that you don't want to post publicly.