View Single Post
Old 24th February 2005, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR RON
With betfair if the price in the lay column (pink shaded) is say 3.75 with 50 pound underneath and I can back it here with a bookie for 10.00 and took both bets, if the horse loses then would i win if I staked both bets proportionately? That is have $80 Australian on the lay and $22 and it wins i come square and if it loses i make $58?if i am right then why should i ever study form again?

Keep studying the form Dr. Ron, unfortunately you are incorrect in your assumption. The pink shaded area on the Betfair odds page is the 'asking price' that is the odds someone requires - it is the other side which has the odds currently on offer. It is very unlikely that the variation between what's on offer on Betfair and what's on offer would be that large. Can happen but most unusual and would in all probability occur only when someone has made a mistake.

It did happen recently with Super Elegant when it won at Moonee Valley a couple of starts ago - $4.80 SP but $9.80 on Betfair as they jumped, but as I stated that was exceptional.