Thread: Betfair API
View Single Post
Old 18th October 2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
What irks me about that is that the government go on about problem gamblers and yet you have to bet a minimum amount with this mob. Can anyone see the irony with this?

They also endorse all sorts of bots using the API and yet all those bots are set up to bet below the minimum amount. Go figure!

They should at least match the TABS and allow 50c bets IMHO.

I hate how the $5 minimum doesn't apply to laying. To lay a $101 horse you still need to stake $5 which is a liability of $500. How is that right? At least you can go to SP and lay it for $30 liability but SP isn't available on all sports and markets which annoys me. They would get a lot more turnover if they let below minimum as instead of paper testing new systems I would throw a few dollars on each selection for the test period. For instance I am paper trading a new system now that has about 80-120 bets a day. At minimum $5 bets that is a turnover of $400-$600 for testing. I won't throw that at it unless I have a lot more test data. But if I could throw $1 at it per selection then that wouldn't worry me because I could use $200 for testing and if it loses then its gone and I can go test something else with another $200. But that $200 needs to be $1000 for a test at minimum $5 stakes and I'm not prepares to throw away $1000 on testing until I'm really happy with a method.