View Single Post
Old 20th April 2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demodocus
I had a look at +/- 80,000 horses at $100+. The WSR is between 0.27% and 0.25% ..... tends to pull me towards happenstance rather than selectiveness. A very happy coincidence but nothing more.
I would just like to point out that it certainly was NOT a 'happenstance' or a chance that those horses were rated in our ratings in such a high position.

Not all $100+ priced horses are equal; using just price alone certainly they are all same, however using ratings or other filters makes them different. Not many horses priced at $100+ make it into our top 3 of anything; not without a good reason.

Certainly waiting for such lofty winners is a game of extreme patience, however there are many at smaller double figure odds every day that allow our clients and us to create profitable systems exploiting this edge. I have illustrated this fact in several posts in the past.

I agree with you in principal because it is still very seldom that such horses even appear in our ratings; hence the initial post.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/