Thread: One For Barny
View Single Post
Old 7th December 2012, 05:36 PM

This could be shot down as backfitting (but it's not), but I actually came up with this by mistake, an error in number of runs from a spell ..... but the theme of this thread is evident.

Rules
1st run back from a spell - anywhere
2nd run back from a spell - Fin between 2 and 9 over less than 1201m
3rd back from a spell - Fin between 2 and 9 over less than 1401m
4th run back from a spell - Fin anywhere over a distance of > 1400m
SP between $4 and $30
Career starts 8 to 21 (tks sarge)
Career wins >2
Metro horse

BTW Fin between 2 and 9 is one of my standard filters, so this is NOT backfitted. Career starts is one of sarge's good filters and again it's NOT backfitted. SP $4 to $30 as above, NOT backfitted. Metro horse weeds out the rubbish and is standard, NOT backfitted. Career wins >2 is standard, NOT backfitted ..... and they're not 5 of my 6 specials Vortech, some are tho'.

So we've got a horse that's had 4 runs this time in, increasing in distance, and we don't care where it finished first up, or at it's last start. There's no way I'm going to reveal the POT, but suffice to say it's good. AND it's consistent with what I posted in my system where I had a POT at all runs, then in a couple of darky's systems where the POT was OK / Decent when backing / following a horse a few runs in.

So, there's more than one way to skin a cat, but the concept of following a horse that's shown something, has improvement left in it, seems to have merit.